Protection Controller (PC)
Venues for the Protection Controller Course
Abercynon or Customer’s Own Site
Who Should Attend the Protection Controller Course
Anyone aged 18 or over that already holds a valid COSS certificate and is now required to establish safe and effective systems of protection for more than one group of persons carrying out engineering works. Railway Group Standard GO/RT 3358 (Persons Responsible for Protecting Work On or Near the Line) requires employers to select delegates for this role based on documented processes to assess aptitude and prior experience. The Network Rail Approved Training Plan for PC specifies that delegates must provide documentary evidence of having carried out a minimum of 6 COSS duties in the previous 6 months.
Content of the Protection Controller Course
- Procedure for blocking the line and arranging protection
- Starting work, during work, change of PC/COSS
- When work is completed or suspended
- When work is not completed or suspended at an agreed time, resumption of work
Learning Approach for the Protection Controller Course
A classroom based event with trainer led sessions, group and individual exercises together with a detailed case study. A theory assessment is included.
Special Requirements for the Protection Controller Course
- A valid medical certificate that complies with Railway Group Standard GO/RT 3353 including normal colour vision
- Evidence of a negative drugs and alcohol screening in accordance with Railway Group Standard GH/RT 4000
- A valid PTS certificate and COSS certificate and completed Line Blockage Forms must be presented to the trainer at the start of each event.
- A Personal Rule Book must be brought to the event by each delegate
- NCCA site ID and address of sponsoring organisation will be required when booking the event
For further information please contact us: 01443 303009
Or to Book Now: Please click here to view our course calendar and book on our next course