Overview of the Engineering Supervisor Course
The Engineering Supervisor initial course is designed with the focus upon the role of the delegate within the scope of implementing safe systems of work, whilst attaining and understanding of how to utilise the available resources required whilst working in a Running Line Possession, including safe working practices and controlling train movements.
This course is essential for personnel who are to conduct Engineering Supervisor duties whilst setting up a work site within a possession and which may include engineering train movements.
Course Duration of the Engineering Supervisor Course
Maximum No. Of Delegates for the Engineering Supervisor Course
Up to a maximum of 6
Engineering Supervisor Course Pre-Requisites
- That the candidate currently holds a valid Sentinel Safety Card
- That the candidates suitability has been verified by their line manager
- It is the responsibility of candidate and primary sponsor that the delegate currently holds a FULL COSS competence
- That the candidate is in possession of a current competency Logbook
Delivery of the Engineering Supervisor Course
The course will be presented by approved trainers in the classroom using the accompanying visual aids, Power point presentations and simulated classroom assessment sessions along with some practical assessments.
Engineering Supervisor Course Competence
The training will be followed by theory and practical assessments. Successful delegates will be recommended for assessment of competence under their Employers Competence Management System.
Course Aims And Objectives of the Engineering Supervisor Course
- To understand the role of the Engineering Supervisor and under what circumstances they may be appointed
- Be able to interpret reference documentation, plans and what information will be provided during a pre planning meeting
- Implement procedures applicable to GERT 8000 HB 12
- Understand the importance of briefings and communications protocols
- How to conduct emergency protection of a railway line
- Identify and understand the role and appointment of a PICOP or SPICOP
- To be able to follow clear procedures before, during and after the commencement of the work
- Correctly identify protocols to be followed when organising or initiating all train movements
- State hand back, suspension or over running procedures including change over protocols
Certification of the Engineering Supervisor Course
On successful completion of the event, the candidates sentinel card will be updated with ES . This is a provisional endorsement that will require work place mentoring and a workplace assessment within a 4 month period. If the assessment is successful full status can be granted for a further 9-15 months where upon an interim assessment is required.
For further information please contact us: 01443 303009
Or to Book Now: Please click here to view our course calendar and book on our next course