Lookout / Site Warden (LKT) Course Duration:
Who Should Attend the Lookout / Site Warden (LKT) Course
People aged 18 and over that are required to give warning to others working in the railway environment when a train approaches or when people stray outside of specified worksite limits.
These duties are defined in the Rule Book as those carried out by a Lookout or Site Warden.
Objectives of the Lookout / Site Warden (LKT) Course
On successful completion of the Lookout / Site Warden (LKT) course delegates will be able to:
- Carry out the duties of Lookout/Site Warden to the standard of competence in accordance with relevant Railway Group Standards
Content of the Lookout / Site Warden (LKT) Course
- Duties of the COSS
- Introduction to Lookout/Site Warden duties
- Site Warden/Lookout’s equipment
- Duties of the Lookout
- Duties of the On Track Plant Lookout
- Lookout operated warning systems (LOWS)
- Arrangements when PEE WEE equipment is employed (optional)
- Arrangements when KANGO tamping equipment is employed (optional)
- Theory assessment
- Practical/verbal assessment
- Completion of post course training objectives
Teaching Approach For The Lookout / Site Warden (LKT) Course
Classroom based theory and practical exercises with some on-site practical exercises. Theory and practical assessments are included.
Special Requirements for the Lookout / Site Warden (LKT) Course
- In-date medical on PTS card
- Evidence of a negative drugs and alcohol screening in accordance with Network Rail Standard NR/L1/OHS/00124
- A valid PTS Certificate must be presented to the trainer at the start of each event
- A Personal Rule Book and or Track Safety Handbook should be brought to the event by each delegate
- NCCA site ID and address of sponsoring organization will be required when booking the event
On successful completion of the event, the candidates sentinel card will be updated with Lookout (LKT P). This is a provision endorsement that will require additional elearning and support from your sponsor before full status can be granted.
For further information please contact us: 01443 303009
Or to Book Now: Please click here to view our course calendar and book on our next course